Achenbach copper & brass rolling mills reliably produce best strip qualities even at maximum rolling speeds, maximum rolling widths and highest coil weights. In the segment rolling mills they are designed as two- or four-high hot rolling mills, in the segments cold strip and thin strip rolling mills as six- or four-high rolling mills and in the segment of foil rolling mills as six-high rolling mills and thereby always tailored to the specific purpose.For each new strip rolling mill or those to be modernized, a holistic approach to perfectly synchronize mechanics, hydraulics, automation and drive technology in their complex interaction is applied.
The outstanding performance is achieved by automation with Achenbach OPTIROLL®.
The Achenbach OPTIPURE® Media Systems for economically and ecologically efficient exhaust air purification, rolling oil filtration and rolling oil rectification complement the machinery for an optimum rolling process.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the optimization of the entire production process.
- Strip widths: 1,200 mm
- Final rolled thicknesses: 0.01 mm
- Rolling speeds: 1,000 m/min
- Coil weights: 20,000 kg
There are four types of mill depending on rolling thickness:
- Two- or four-high hot rolling mill
- Six- or four-high cold strip rolling mill
- Six- or four-high thin strip rolling mill
- Six-high foil rolling mill
- Highly dynamic, energy-saving AC drive technology for main and coiler motors
- Integrated, modular automation system - Achenbach OPTIROLL®
- Achenbach WIN-SprayS® roll and strip cooling system
- Strip drying system
- Minimum reversing and coil changes with automatic strip threading systems
- Achenbach OPTIPURE® Media Systems
- Fully automatic work roll changes
- User- and maintenance-friendly modular design
Achenbach Rolling Mills for copper, brass and zinc usually roll stips as the starting material for a wide range of end products such as:
- Plug-in connectors, leadframes
- Wall covering, furnishing accessories
- Roof and wall panels
- Battery foils