Achenbach OPTIROLL® Automation outstanding performance
Rolling Mill Automation
The integrated, modulary built rolling mill automation system Achenbach OPTIROLL® i3 is used in all Achenbach OPTIMILL® Rolling Mills and plays a key role in modernization of existing rolling mills of all brands.
OPTIROLL convinces in its integrated approach especially with efficient model-based control functions and open interfaces, comprising the following six control modules.
Module of reliable process simulations to achieve presetting, optimum presentation of all actuator characteristics (incl. pass schedule calculation) and narrowest tolerances also in transient rolling phases.
- Roll force and friction models
- Roll temperature models
- Roll blending and roll gap profile models
- Strip/Slab temperature models
- Pass schedule calculation (hot rolling, strip rolling, and thin strip rolling mills)
Modul of user-friendly visualizations to achieve transprent, comprehensible, and ergonomic display and control panels as well as highly efficient data processing.
- HMI of all i3 modules
- Production data recording and evaluation
- Process data analysis
- Reliable diagnostic and maintenance tools
- Interface to MES and ERP systems
Modul of high-precision strip thickness control to achieve narrowest thickness tolerances even at maximum rolling speeds and in transient rolling phases.
- Roll gap control
- Strip thickness control
- Strip back tension control
- Model-based roll eccentricity compensation
Modul of highly dynamic strip flatness control to achieve absolutely flat strips even at maximum rolling speeds and in transient rolling phases.
- Basic data interface to Achenbach UniFlat® Flatness Measuring Roll
- Roll bending control of work and intermediate rolls
- Roll gap tilting control
- Intermediate roll shifting control (6-high)
- Roll cooling control for Achenbach UniSpray® Nozzle Valve Header
- Hot Edge Control System (HES)
- DVC control for dynamic backup roll crown variation (4-high)
Modul of digital drive control to achieve precise and stable roll torques and strip tensions even in transient rolling phases.
- Drive concepts in AC and DC technology
- Speed master, speed, and torque control by superordinate, highly dynamic functional modules
- Synergy with MillGauge
Modul of digital sequence control of sensors and actuators with safety interlocks for man and machine.
- Movements and interlocks of the rolling mill
- Movements and interlocks of coil and spool transport
- Movements and interlocks of coil preparation and inspection
- Control and interlocks of media flow and media conditioning
Contact us directly. Our team is available for you.
To move forward in a modern economy, we need to step up the speed together.