Achenbach thin strip rolling mills reliably produce best thin-strip qualities even at maximum rolling speeds, maximum rolling widths and highest coil weights. Designed either as 6-high or 4-high rolling mill they are always tailored to the specific operation purpose. For each new strip rolling mill or those to be modernized, a holistic approach to perfectly synchronize mechanics, hydraulics, automation and drive technology in their complex interaction is applied.
The outstanding performance is achieved by automation with Achenbach OPTIROLL®.
The Achenbach OPTIPURE® Media Systems for economically and ecologically efficient exhaust air purification, rolling oil filtration and rolling oil rectification complement the machinery for an optimum rolling process.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the optimization of the entire production process.
- Strip widths: 2,300 mm
- Final rolled thicknesses: 0.05 mm
- Rolling speeds: 1,800 m/min
- Coil weights: 32,000 kg
Achenbach offers the following types of thin strip rolling mills:
- Six-high rolling mills
- Four-high rolling mills
Thin strip rolling mills are generally available in the following varieties based on the intended use of the product:
- Lithographic sheet rolling mills
- Food container mills
- Fin stock mills
- Integrated, modular automation system - Achenbach OPTIROLL®
- Adaptive nozzle valve header with Achenbach nozzle valves and hoseless rolling oil supply - Achenbach UniSpray®
- Roll gap control system - SGC
- Flatness measuring system with flatness measuring roll - Achenbach UniFlat®
- Back-up roll system with dynamically variable adaption of the crown - Achenbach DVC
- Ironing roller system for highest rewinding speeds
- Strip inspection devices