Achenbach foil rolling mills tailored to the specific operation purpose reliably produce best foil qualities even at maximum rolling speeds, maximum rolling widths and highest coil weights. They are generally designed ad 4-high rolling mills. Universal rolling mills for a wide range of foil products differ from special rolling mills, such as the one for the production of 4.5 µm condenser foils. Within foil rolling lines they are typically designed as roughing mills, intermediate mills and finishing mills. For each new strip rolling mill or those to be modernized, a holistic approach to perfectly synchronize mechanics, hydraulics, automation and drive technology in their complex interaction is applied.
The outstanding performance is achieved by automation with Achenbach OPTIROLL®.
The Achenbach OPTIPURE® Media Systems for economically and ecologically efficient exhaust air purification, rolling oil filtration and rolling oil rectification complement the machinery for an optimum rolling process.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the optimization of the entire production process.
- Strip widths: 2,200 mm
- Final rolled thicknesses: 0.0045 mm
- Rolling speeds: 2,000 m/min
- Coil weights: 16,000 kg
Achenbach foil rolling mills are four-high rolling mills designed for two different applications:
- Universal foil rolling mills for all strip thicknesses from 0.7 mm to 0.006 mm for a wide range of rolled products
- Specialised foil rolling mills for foil rolling lines for graduated strip thicknesses.
Specialised foil rolling mills come in three types:
- Roughing mills for strip thicknesses between 0.7 mm and 0.012 mm
- Intermediate mills for strip thicknesses between 0.12 mm and 0.006 mm
- Finishing mills for strip thicknesses between 0.05 mm and < 0.006 mm
- Integrated, modular automation system - Achenbach OPTIROLL®
- Flatness measuring system with flatness measuring roll - Achenbach UniFlat®
- Adaptive nozzle valve header with Achenbach nozzle valves and hoseless rolling oil supply - Achenbach UniSpray®
- Back-up roll system with dynamically variable adaption of the crown - Achenbach DVC
- Ironing roller system for highest rewinding speeds Achenbach OPTIPURE® rolling oil management
- Automatic foil feeding system - Achenbach FFS
Achenbach Foil Rolling Mills roll aluminium as the starting material for all processes of coating, laminating, printing and end products such as:
- Closure foil
- Converter foil
- Capacitor foils
- Battery foil