Achenbach separators serve for separating and slitting the doubled foils after the last rolling pass in the production of thinnest aluminium foils. Designed to finish roll diameters of up to 600 mm, up to 850 mm, up to 1,016 mm or up to 1,200 mm they are always tailored to the specific operation purpose. For each new separator or those to be modernized, a holistic approach to perfectly synchronize mechanics, hydraulics, automation and drive technology in their complex interaction is applied.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the optimization of the entire production process.
- Speeds: up to 1,500 m/min
- Foil thicknesses: 2 x 4.5 µm - 2 x 70 µm
- Rewinding diameters: up to 1,200 mm
- Coil weights: up to 6,000 kg
The OPTIFOIL separator consists essentially of a coil deposit, a cart, an unwinding unit, a material threading device, a center unit with slitting device (razor-blade and/or shear-cut), a separation device and welding device, two winders and a finished roll handling unit. Each Separator features a very short material transport path.
A variety of useful automation and process engineering options allows the system to be easily adapted to individual customer requirements. Examples of this include various empty spool or finished roll handling systems that allow, for example, a connection to an unguided coil transport system. All separators can be equipped with a pinhole detector.
- Slitting section with highly-precisely adjustable four-axis razor blade holders
- Hydropneumatic, weight-balanced pressure system with innovative duoble diaphragm cylinder
- Inline detection system for even finest holes (PHD) in combination with a comprehensive quality reporting to the final customer
- Maintenance-friendly machine enclosure
- Doctoring by winding shaft reception at the unwinder
- Functional, light-weight housing with integrated fully automatic material handling