The integrated automation system Achenbach OPTIROLL® i3 is used in all Achenbach OPTIMILL® rolling mills and plays and important role in modernization projects of own and third party systems. It convinces in its integrated approach especially by efficient model-based functions and open interfaces.
The Achenbach OPTIROLL® i3 system consists of six modules:
MillModelling ist is the system of reliable process simulations to achieve best pre-setting (pass schedule calculation included) and narrowest tolerances also in transient phases.
- Strip/Slab Temperature Model
- Work Roll Temperature Model
- Roll Deflection Model
- Roll Gap Profile Model
- Roll Force and Friction Model
MillView stands for the whole of user-friendly visualizations with modern HMI interfaces between operator and rolling mill to achieve transparent, comprehensible and powerful data processing, supported by ergonomic display and control panels.
- Process Visualization
- Production Data Recording and Evaluation
- Process Data Analysis
- Diagnostic and Maintenance Tools
MillFlat is the highly dynamical strip flatness control system to achieve absolutely flat strips at maximum rolling speeds and in all operating modes.
- Variable Crown (VC) Roll Control
- Work Roll Bending Control
- Bending of Work Roll and Intermediate Roll (6-high)
- Intermediate Roll Shifting (6-high)
- Roll Gap Tilting Control
- Roll Cooling Control
- Flatness Measurement System
MillMove stands for the control of all movements and interlocks of the numerous rolling mill sensors and actors to achieve maximum productivity, highest machine safety and large flexibility of the control systems.
- Rolling Mill Stand
- Coil and Spool Transport
- Coil Preparation and Inspection
- Media and Auxiliary Systems
- Personal Safety