Achenbach strip rolling mills reliably produce best strip qualities even at maximum rolling speeds, maximum rolling widths and highest coil weights. Designed either as 6-high or 4-high rolling mills they are always tailored to the specific operation purpose. Special applications, e.g. as bright rolling mills, require the 2-high rolling mill design. For each new strip rolling mill or those to be modernized, a holistic approach to perfectly synchronize mechanics, hydraulics, automation and drive technology in their complex interaction is applied.
The outstanding performance is achieved by automation with Achenbach OPTIROLL®.
The Achenbach OPTIPURE® Media Systems for economically and ecologically efficient exhaust air purification, rolling oil filtration and rolling oil rectification complement the machinery for an optimum rolling process.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the optimization of the entire production process.
- Strip widths: 2,500 mm
- Final rolled thicknesses: 0.15 mm
- Rolling speeds: 1,800 m/min
- Coil weights: 32,000 kg
Achenbach offers the following types of strip rolling mills:
- Six-high rolling mills
- Four-high rolling mills
- Two-high bright rolling mills
- Integrated, digital, modular designed automation system Achenbach OPTIROLL®
- Roll gap control system - SGC (Spacer Gauge Control)
- Highly precise flatness measuring system with Achenbach UniFlat® flatness measuring roll
- Sensor-initiated roll gap quick opening system by setting cylinders located at the bottom of the mill stand
- Back-up roll system with dynamically variable adaption of the crown - Achenbach DVC
- Material-flow optimized coiler system with minimized auxiliary times
- Coil preparation stations