Achenbach doublers process two foils as preparation for the last rolling pass in the production of thinnest aluminium foils; they are always tailored to the specific purpose. For each new doubler or those to be modernized, a holistic approach to perfectly synchronize mechanics, hydraulics, automation and drive technology in their complex interaction is applied.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the optimization of the entire production process.
- Speeds: up to 1,500 m/min
- Foil thicknesses: 2 x 10 µm - 2 x 100 (150) µm
- Rewinding diameters: up to 2,300 mm
- Coil weights: up to 15,000 kg
Achenbach OPTIFOIL doublers consist mainly of two coil deposits for material access, a cart, two unwinding stands, a roller bridge with a material feed device, a spray unit with suction for separating oil application, a shear or razor trimming device, a winder and a spool cart for transporting the empty reel from the unwinding stations to the winder. Each doubler features very short material transport paths.
A variety of useful automation and process engineering options allows the system to be easily adapted to individual customer requirements. Examples of this include the simultaneous transport of two coils for unwinding or different coil and reel handling systems; these options can be added anytime.
- Functional light-weight housing with integrated fully automatic material handling
- Hydropneumatic pressure system with innovative double diagragm cyclinder
- Rewinding operation with integrated trimming
- Double coil car for material threading
- Dynamically adaptive and highly precise spraying device
- Extended threading device
- Efficient oil mist exhaust system with optional oil recovery