Achenbach OPTIFOIL Jumboslit® Slitter
- the specialized slitter for all large-roll slitting tasks
Achenbach slitting machines type JumboSlit serve for slitting thin aluminium as well as copper and brass foils or compound materials to small strips of minimum 10 mm width; they are tailored to the specific operation purpose. For each new foil slitting machine or those to be modernized, a holistic approach to perfectly sychronize mechanics, hydraulics, automation and drive technology in their complex interaction is applied.
The cloud-based platform Achenbach OPTILINK® opens the way to the overall system networking of the various value creation stages and therefore to the optimization of the entire production process.
- Speeds: up to 800 m/min
- Foil thicknesses: of 25 µm to 400 µm
- Rewinding diameters: up to 1,350 mm
- Finish coil weights: up to 5,000 kg
OPTIFOIL JumboSlit works with two oppositely arranged winding units and comes in three different designs:
- Swivel winder
- Single winding station
- High-speed turret winder
Every JumboSlit features very short material transport paths and a highly precise slitting device, equipped with shear-cut, rotary shear-cut or razor-blade technology. Material feeding and finished roll handling are highly customizable.
- Frictional operation
- Integrated oil applicator with individually adjustable oil application rollers
- Rewinding concept with stable, pivoted winding arms in combination with hydropneumatic contact roller system
- Integration of customer-specific measuring systems: surface inspection, inspection of paint defects, etc.
- Integrated stable slitting section with top knife shaft or single knife holder
- Guide frame
- Unwinder with lifting function
The Achenbach JumboSlit® slits large rolls for end products such as:
- Coffee & tea capsules
- Converted foil
- Plastic foil
- Aseptic foil